Are there any scholarships I can apply for?

Sahlgrenska I.C. is unable to answer questions regarding scholarships.
Please refer to the Education Authority in your home country or to international voluntary associations.

Can I work in Sweden during my studies?

If you are a holder of a Swedish dental licence you can apply for employment as a dentist. However, good proficiency in the Swedish language is required. Please also note that the postgraduate programme is full-time and you will find that there is very little time left to work outside the programme. For more information, please refer to the website of the Swedish Dental Association.

How many dentists are admitted to the programme?

In general there are 1-4 positions for international dentists.

Do I have to learn Swedish?

If you are applying for a Swedish dental licence, from April 15th 2016 you will need to show a certification of proficiency in the Swedish language at level C1 (in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). For dentists without an EU dental licence, proficiency in Swedish at level C1 is required.

Will I get a Master of Science in Dentistry?

For the time being the Institute of Odontology in Gothenburg does not offer a Master of Science programme for international students.

I will graduate as a dentist this year, am I eligible for specialist training?

No. A minimum of two years of clinical experience (full-time) is required. You need to have received your dentist licence in order to count your experience towards the necessary two years.

Are there any opportunities for research?

There are research components included in both of our postgraduate programmes. If you are interested in more in-depth studies, enrolling in a PhD programme might also be possible. This cannot, however, be decided upon acceptance to the postgraduate programme but will be subject to discussion once you are enrolled.

We use cookies to give you the best possible experience. If you continue to use this site, you accept the use of cookies, Read more.