1. Open positions
We currently do not have any open positions.
Requirements to fulfil prior to the application procedure:
- To be admitted to the Specialist Training Programme in Dentistry the applicant must have earned a D.D.S., D.M.D. or equivalent degree and have acceptable academic records and references.
- At least two years of documented clinical training (general dentistry, after graduation and registration as a dentist) are required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
3. Tuition fee
SEK 375,000/year (2018)
SEK 375,000/year (2018)
The specialist training programmes in dentistry may be financed through a public sponsor/employer in the resident’s home country, by a company or by private means. The content and conditions for the training programme will be specified in a formal agreement between the funding party and Sahlgrenska I.C.
The specialist training position is an unpaid position. Sahlgrenska I.C. does not offer any scholarships.
Please note that the cost for Swedish language courses is not included in the tuition fee.
Tuition fees are subject to annual adjustments.
Value-added tax (VAT)
General tax (25%) applies in accordance with the Swedish Value Added Tax Act. For non-business and non-profit organizations, Swedish VAT will be added to the price. Such entities pay taxes in the service provider’s country, Sweden. For international businesses and profit-making organizations that are VAT registered, Swedish VAT will not be added to the price since such entities pay taxes in their own country.
Fill out our application form and send it to us along with the following:
- Certified copies of university transcripts from each college, university or professional school you have attended.
- A certified copy of your dental licence/evidence of licence to practise from the dental authority in your home country.
- The copies must be certified by an official authority, a Swedish Embassy/Consulate or a Notary Public. Do not send originals.
- An authorized translation into English must be enclosed if the documents are issued in any other language.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation from recognized scientific or clinical dental institutions.
- Certificate(s) from your employer verifying at least two years of documented clinical training (general dentistry, after graduation and registration as a dentist).
- A statement of purpose – a letter from the applicant stating clinical and research interest, ambitions, desires and professional goals.
- English Language Certificate
- The requirements are: A good command of English, documented by an internationally recognized proficiency test such as: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent. TOEFL total score 575 and 4.5 on written test (paper based) or a total score of 90 and 20 on written test (Internet based test). IELTS with an overall mark of at least 6.5 and no band less than 5.5. This is applicable only if the applicant is from a country where English is not the native language.
- Enclose one photograph.
- An application fee of SEK 500 must be paid into our account:
- BIC: SWEDSESS
Beneficiary name: Sahlgrenska International Care AB
Bank name and address: Swedbank AB, 404 80 Göteborg, Sweden
- For payment within Sweden, pay SEK 500 to bankgiro 393-1813.
- BIC: SWEDSESS
5. Application deadline
You need to submit your application no later than August 31st 2018 to be considered for the 2020 admission to the Periodontology programme. The application is open from June 29th 2018.
You need to submit your application no later than October 31st 2018 to be considered for the 2020 admission to the Orthodontics programme. The application is open from August 30th 2018.
If we decide to proceed with your application, we will send you an invitation to a personal interview, which will be held at the relevant dental clinic at the Institute of Odontology in Gothenburg. The visit is mandatory and comprises an introductory information meeting and an interview with the programme director. The visit will also give you the opportunity to see the clinic and meet with staff and current resident dentists.
7. Acceptance Fee
Payment of the Acceptance Fee (the Acceptance Fee will be deducted from the Tuition Fee the first year).